Wednesday 5 January 2011

New Year's Resolution and Book Plug No. 1

Happy New Year to you all. For me 2011 arrived in good company with champagne in Paris, which is a promising start. I've got to admit that I'm not a great one for New Year's Resolutions, but this year I've decided that I want to get back into reading more. In addition to trying to work my way through the backlog of books building up on my shelves, I'm intending to occasionally put on here plugs for good books I'm reading when I come across.

So first up is one of those book's that I've been meaning to get round to for a while: The Five People You Will Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. I started it on the plane back from Paris two days ago and am already well-over halfway through it and thoroughly enjoying it. Its quite a light read and very accessible, but at the same time rather thought-provoking.


"This is a story about a man named Eddie and it begins at the end, with Eddie dying in the sun. It might seem strange to start with an ending. But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time".
 
"No life is a waste... The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone"

No comments: