Wednesday 26 January 2011

Book Plug #2

OK - keeping up with my New Year's resolution to introduce a vaguely literary element to this blog. This is what I'm reading at the moment:
"It began with my father not wanting to see the Last Rabbit, and ended up with me being eaten by a carnivorous plant". Thus begins Shadesof Grey by Jasper Fforde, set in a future Britain not quite our own where society is ordered by the level of colour perception people have. Its possibly slightly less immediately accessible than the Thursday Next or Nursery Crime Division novels as the establishing of the world takes a little time, but its none the worse for that and might prove to offer something a bit deeper at the end of the day. That said Fforde still displays his usual inventiveness, wit and fun and this a thoroughly engaging and enjoyable read and I'm loving it.


Still to come on the blog when I get some time to catch up - reviews of The Dilemma, The Next Three Days and some thoughts on the Oscar nominations, together with some thoughts on why I won't be voting SNP in May.

No comments: